This is an interesting post from Mashable that describes the web in numbers.
Here are some goodies
- 100 million monthly viewers in the US.
- 6.3 billion videos viewed
- 100 million to 200 million users in less than 8 months.(2)
- from February 2008 to February 2009. (3)(6)
- 2,721% growth in Italy
- 999% in Spain
- 607% in Belgium
- 518% in France
- 499% in Switzerland.
Facebook vs MySpace at end of 2008 (4)
- Facebook 65.7 million unique visitors
- MySpace’s 54.1 million.
- grew 76.8 percent just from February to March
- yearly growth rate? 1,382 percent.
- 7 million unique monthly visitors.
- @ current growth 100 million visitors same time next year.