I have been working on a simple method of analysing teaching and learning technologies against Bloom’s Digital Taxonomy. I have taken the verbs associated with each of the taxonomic levels and arranged them across a sheets and then added a column for the activity components.
The idea is that you take your activity and break it down into the component elements and match these against the different taxonomic levels and the learning actions.
For example if you looked at students constructing a wiki
- Editing the wiki is applying
- Searching for the information – remembering
- Tagging the pages with suitable and detailed keywords and notes is understanding
- Validating the information is evaluating
- Uploading the resources to the wiki is applying
- Collaborating and networking is a higher order skill
and so on
Here is the PDF version of this tool – blooms-activity-analysis
This is a first draft and I would appreciate comments and suggestions.