A little something for everyone here.
1. Making stopmotion movies – http://stopmotionmovies.yolasite.com/ I use stopmotion and claymation movies as learning tools in video creation. I use this simple technique to teach frame rate, camera angles, focus, perspective, transitions and rendering. Linked with this is a pdf resopurce from Microsoft Education on Digital Storytelling in the classroom. These two combined give use technique and educational setting. useful – http://www.microsoft.com/education/teachers/guides/digital_storytelling.aspx
2. What happened in ………? http://whathappenedinmybirthyear.com/ this is a fun site that will tell you what happened in the year of your birth. Useful for history and general background information.
3. Colour in Motion http://www.mariaclaudiacortes.com/# this is a good site for colour theory and is applicable to any one working on projects, graphics and presentations. Availablein English and Spanish this is a useful resource.
4. Heilbrunn timeline of Art History - http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/ This site is part of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and contains outlines of art works, timelines and more. Great resource for the Art and Art history student.
5. Telekast - http://telekast.sourceforge.net/ this is an open source project. Telekast ius a simple Teleprompter running in Windows or Linus OSes. While we are talking about Open source projects the latest update to open office is available now in version 3.2 – http://www.openoffice.org/
and finally, do you remember space invaders? Well if you do will love this this youtube video clip -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L7DTMKekoU Definitely someone showing higher level thinking skills here.