On this on the wire update we are looking at a couple of videos that worth watching. Here is the first:
1. Next is Now – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvad4B0lCdk in the same vein as the famous almost cult (well in educational circles) video Shift happens this is an excellent video with a catchy sound track too.
2.The commoncraft Show – project based learning explained – http://www.commoncraft.com/project-based-learning-explained-custom-video-project-bie This is a great overview to PBL or project based learning. This video was commissioned by the Buck Institute, a leader in PBL.
Also by the commoncraft show are:
- Social media and the workplace – http://www.commoncraft.com/social-media-workplace-video
- Augmented reality in plain english – http://www.commoncraft.com/augmented-reality-video
3. Hans Rosling – 200 years in 4 minutes – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo This is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Health vs wealth. this video looks at the last 200 years of statistics in a brilliant and awe inspiring animation.
4. RSA Animate – Changing education paradigms – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U This is a brilliant video based on a Sir Ken Robinson talk given to the RSA.
And finally Infowhelm and Information Fluency – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ECAVxbfsfc
About 1/2 an hour of video that will change your world.