Educause publishes a series of useful resources for administrators and teachers. Here are their latest offerings:
- http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/7-things-you-should-know-about-connected-learning – One of the critical skills universally identified for thriving in the 21st Century is the ability to communicate and collaborate.
- http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/7-things-you-should-know-about-infographic-creation-tools I love infographics and the research about our brains ability to process images and develop meaning from these back up their use.
- http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/7-things-you-should-know-about-video-communication Video conferencing is no longer the domain of the special few with the expencive equipment. Tools like Skype for education, which allows multi person video conferencing for free for educators are change this.
- http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/7-things-you-should-know-about-makerspaces – this is an interesting one – this isn’t so much about a technology but about a physical space that enables the use of technology for all users – a must read for anyone investigating libraries, multi purpose spaces etc.
These resources are slightly older but are very useful for teaching IT theory or providing accessible PL resources for teachers
- http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/7-things-you-should-know-about-ipv6 7 things you should know about IP version 6 – this is the new IP protocol that is being gradually being implemented
- http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/7-things-you-should-know-about-mobile-app-development This is a briefing paper on mobile application development – we only have to look at the rapid emergence of tablets and broad acceptance of smartphones to see the relevance of this.
- http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/7-things-you-should-know-about-agile-development Agile project management is a very useful approach to the development of software and IT based projects (its not the only one though). This is a useful resource for this.