Here are a couple of useful links that I have come across recently.
1. Educause - 7 things you should know - http://www.educause.edu/
There are two recent updates in this useful series. The first is collaborative learning spaces and the second infographics tools. We are seeing across education a shift towards learning happening not just in the classroom but beyond. Collaborative learning spaces are useful tools that allow a common point for the learners to link to.
2. The commoncraft show - http://www.commoncraft.com
This is one of my favourite sites and I am happy to pay the annual membership to get access to these resources. You can access this site for free and view the videos by going to http://www.commoncraft.com. There are three things that are worth highlighting on this site at the moment:
- http://www.commoncraft.com/blog - this blog has a number of very useful tips and posts about constructing your own explanation videos – its good reading
- http://www.commoncraft.com/new-video-credit-card-responsibility-0 This is an appropriate video that would be useful in the social sciences and economics as well as at home. Credit card responcibility
- http://www.commoncraft.com/new-video-email-access-explained-common-craft This is in the tech series and is useful resource
3. Robotics articles in the news
Robotics has recieved a little bit of press recently and here are some useful articles from my twitter feed (@achurches)
- When are we going to learn to trust robots - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21623892
- Robot warriors: Lethal machines coming of age - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21576376
- BigDog four-legged robot now sports throwing arm http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21630212
- Police use drones to catch criminals - http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10868674